SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, May 23, 2017

The Universe Has Your Back

The Universe Has Your Back: Transform Fear to FaithThe Universe Has Your Back: Transform Fear to Faith by Gabrielle Bernstein
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I was skeptical, but I listened to this audio book weeks before my brain surgery. It REALLY helped me to go with the flow and accept that my energy matters in how I feel and my anxiety. Gabrielle is relateable and interesting. I am looking forward to going back and actually trying some of her meditation strategies (didn't really work when I was listening in my car... tee hee).

The only thing I struggled with was that we have had some pretty crazy life blows where we didn't feel and will never feel like the universe had our back. Cancer sucks, death of good friends in their 30's and 40's don't inspire hope and love. But where there is hope, like with my benign brain tumors, I was able to feel grateful for things like competent surgeons, great health insurance, and that the universe lead to a diagnosis before I had symptoms. - THAT was extremely helpful! This book doesn't touch on the really hard things, like death, but there are others that do.

View all my reviews

No comments :

Post a Comment